Healthy and cooked to perfection, making Turkey Bacon in Air Fryer is so easy! It requires no extra oil, and the bacon itself is crispy and half the calories of regular bacon. Perfect for a light weekend fry up!
Why you will love Air Fryer Turkey Bacon
- The calories! There are only 32 calories per turkey bacon rasher, with no extra oil needed. This number does vary from brand to brand, and I found that the brand I use (Mattessons) is higher calorie than most. Nevertheless, it is still less than the calories of normal bacon which means you can have 3 slices of bacon without worrying about fitting in an extra workout =]
- It’s so easy! All I had to do was place the turkey bacon in the air fryer in a single layer and cook it, flipping half way. Simple!
- It’s quick! It took me just under 10 minutes to cook the turkey bacon I wanted for my breakfast.
- You can eat it anytime! Turkey Bacon is great for breakfast, brunch, in a sandwich at lunch, or even just to snack on during the day. If you like it crispy like me, the crunch makes it a good low-carb alternative to potato chips, with extra protein to fill you up!
How to make Turkey Bacon in Air Fryer
Click through this Air Fryer Turkey Bacon story for all of the steps!
Does turkey bacon taste like bacon?
It is surprisingly similar! As it has less fat it isn’t as greasy, and the texture is a little denser like Canadian bacon, but the smoky and salty flavours are there, and it certainly smells like the real deal while it’s cooking.
Does turkey bacon need to be cooked?
As it is cured like deli meat, most smoked turkey bacon can be eaten as it is. There are no ill side effects to eating “undercooked” turkey bacon, as it is not raw.
I’ve only found one exception to this rule, and that is Applegate turkey bacon. On their website, they say “…Applegate turkey bacon is never considered “fully cooked” and should be treated as any other raw cut of meat.” All other common brands I’ve researched use cured turkey meat for their product.
Help! My turkey bacon is sticking to my air fryer basket!
Oh, dear! If you find that this happens to you, place the next batch on baking paper, greaseproof paper or parchment paper inside the air fryer basket. You can also spray a little oil on the basket before cooking if needed.
MORE QUICK RECIPES
- HOW TO MAKE CARROTS IN AIR FRYER
- INSTANT POT BASMATI RICE
- LOW CARB PICKLED BEET SALAD RECIPE
- KETO FRITTATA RECIPE
- GREEK CRUSTLESS QUICHE – SFOUGATO
Have you made this recipe? I’d love to know <3 Tag me on Facebook and Instagram, Pin it on Pinterest, or leave a star rating review below! Don’t forget to sign up to the email list for sparkly new recipes in your inbox =]
- 3 turkey bacon rashers
- olive oil spray, (optional) *see notes
- Turn the air fryer on to 200°C/400°F and turn the timer dial to 12-15 minutes.
- Allow the air fryer to heat up for 2 minutes, or until it indicates that it has reached the desired temperature.
- Open the air fryer basket, spray with olive oil (optional) and carefully place the turkey bacon on, in a single layer taking care not to overlap the rashers. You can use tongs here if needed.
- Cook the turkey bacon in air fryer for 5 minutes.
- Using a pair of tongs, flip the turkey bacon rashers over and cook for a further 4-5 minutes, or until it reaches your desired consistency. **see notes
*I didn't need olive oil spray on my air fryer, but the option is there if needed.
**I like mine crispy so cooked them for the full 5 minutes on each side. 4 minutes on each side is the shortest time I tried, where the turkey bacon was just cooked.
The nutritional info varies by brand. I used Mattessons Smoke Flavoured Turkey Bacon.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1.8g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 1.4g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 0g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 96Unsaturated Fat: 0g