Ready in just 5 minutes, this quick and easy Pickled Beet Salad is perfect for summer! It’s loaded with sweet, tart, creamy, refreshing flavors, and it’s also an easy last-minute side dish to throw together for a cookout or BBQ. Double or triple the recipe if you have more mouths to feed! It’s low carb, and can easily be made vegan.
Pickled Beetroot Salad
Hellooooo color! I love recipes that have a somewhat unusual color to them, and beetroots always are really eye-catching to me.
This easy Pickled Beet Salad was thrown together one late summer evening and has been a staple in our house ever since as it is absolutely delicious. It takes literally 5 minutes to make, and you can easily double or triple the ingredients to suit however many mouths you have to feed. Throwing a cookout or going to a potluck? Use a whole jar of drained pickled beetroot and adjust the other ingredients accordingly.
Now, technically, the salad greens are optional…but I think they add plenty of flavor, amazing texture, and freshness to this Pickled Beetroot Salad recipe. Without the greens, it’s more of a potato salad texture (which is totally fine by me!). You may want to cut up the beetroot if you go this route. The garlic on the other hand? Not optional. This dish just tastes so much better when there is garlic involved! But fair warning: don’t add too much garlic! A little at a time to taste so that we don’t scare away the vampires.
Can I make this ahead of time? I hear you! Meal prep, even if it’s just 5 minutes the day before makes everything so much easier! So yes, add everything together for the Pickled Beet Salad recipe, except for the mixed greens and fresh dill, as they’ll wilt and not be as crisp if you leave them in the mixture overnight. Nobody wants a wilty, sad salad!
Ingredients for Pickled Beet Salad
- Beetroot: I used pickled beets from a jar as it was quick and easy. Homemade Pickled Beets would be perfect in this as well.
- Mayonnaise: Garlic mayo is my go-to for making at home (we never buy store-bought anymore), however, regular mayonnaise is great in this recipe as well!
- Greek Yogurt: Full fat, baby! I always opt for flavor over calories (I know, I know) and 0% just doesn’t do it for me. That’s my personal taste, if you want to use 0% or a dairy-free alternative, they will work just fine!
- Garlic: Garlic powder can be rather strong, so add it sparingly!
How to make Pickled Beet Salad (step-by-step)
Can I make this summer side dish ahead of time?
Sure! Add everything together except for the mixed greens (or arugula/rocket) and dill. When you’re ready to eat it, add the salad greens to a mixing bowl along with the beet mixture, and toss to coat.
Leftovers? This Pickled Beet Salad will keep well in a fridge for up to 4 days.
Variations for different diets
Can I make this vegan?
Of course! To make this Pickled Beet Salad vegan, switch the mayonnaise and greek yogurt for vegan alternatives. Easy!
Is this Pickled Beet Salad low carb?
Yes! It comes to just 8g net carbs per serving. Possibly not ideal to fit into keto macros, but you might be able to at a squeeze!
More Recipes You will Love
- LAHANODOLMADES – GREEK STUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS
- EASY HOMEMADE GUACAMOLE
- LOADED VEGAN QUESO DIP
- HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER CARROTS
- VEGAN JALAPEÑO POPPERS
Have you made this recipe? I’d love to know <3 Tag me on Facebook and Instagram, Pin it on Pinterest, or leave a star rating review below! Don’t forget to sign up to the email list for sparkly new recipes in your inbox =]
Pickled Beet Salad
- mixing bowl
- measuring cups and spoons
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise 57.5g *see notes
- 1/4 cup full fat Greek yogurt 70g **see notes
- 1/4 – 1/8 tsp garlic powder to taste ***see notes
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1.5 cups pickled beets 210g
- 2-3 handfuls of mixed spring greens or arugula
- 1 tbsp fresh dill finely chopped
- Chopped walnuts to garnish optional
- Add mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, garlic powder, dill, salt, and pepper together in a bowl and mix well.
- Add pickled beets and mix.
- Add mixed spring greens and mix. You don’t have to coat these completely.
- Sprinkle will fresh dill and chopped walnuts if desired and serve.