Perfectly crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, learn how to make Frozen Sweet Potato Fries in Air Fryer. This is hands down the best way to make frozen fries, and it takes less time than a regular oven. This recipe is fail-proof and perfect for busy nights!
Why you will love Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
- They are delicious. Have you ever wanted to make perfect restaurant quality sweet potato fries at home? THIS, my friends, this is how we do it. The crunch followed by soft pillowy sweet potato goodness, it’s addictive.
- They’re healthy! Depending on your sweet potato brand, these Frozen Sweet Potato Fries are a vegan and gluten-free recipe, plus sweet potatoes are loaded with goodness! They’re rich in antioxidents, promote good gut health and may even have cancer fighting properties. Cooking them in the air fryer uses less oil than frying them.
- It’s an easy side dish. These air fryer sweet potatoes are ready in no time, and they require no chopping. Win-win!
- Everybody loves them! Kids, adults, gluten-free, vegans, meat-eaters, who doesn’t love crispy sweet potato fries!
Key ingredients for Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
- Frozen Sweet Potato Fries: (You guessed it!) The main ingredient, and really the only ingredient you really need is frozen sweet potato fries from the freezer section of your local grocery store. Any will do, however, the fewer ingredients the better as more ingredients = potentially more fillers and unneccessary things in your body.
- Spices & herbs (optional): If you want to enhance the flavour, by all means go for it! My favourites to add are powdered garlic, ground smoked paprika, chili powder, cinnamon (along with some sweetener), onion powder, dried chives and dried rosemary. Scoll down for some of my favourite seasoning combinations!
How to make Sweet Potato Fries in an Air Fryer
Click through this story for all of the steps!
Seasoning ideas for sweet potato fries
Whether made in an air fryer or oven-baked, these seasonings are SO delicious and easy to toss with your sweet potato fries!
- Cinnamon Sugar: 1/2 tsp cinnamon + sprinkle of sugar or sweetener of choice
- Cajun: 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- Rosemary Garlic: 1/2 tsp garlic + leaves from 1 sprig of rosemary, chopped
- Spicy Garlic: 1/2 tsp garlic + 1/4 tsp chili powder
- Hot & Smoky: 1/2 tsp smoked paprika + 1/4 garlic powder + 1/4 tsp chili powder
- Parmesan Truffle: 1/2 tsp truffle oil + sprinkle of grated parmesan (add these after fries have finished cooking)
- Taco Seasoning
How long should you preheat an air fryer?
All you need is about 3 minutes. I usually do about 5 just make sure the basket is very hot!
Why are my sweet potato fries soggy in the air fryer?
Soggy fries happen when there is too much moisture on the fries. For the best results, make sure that they are frozen (straight from the freezer) and not thawed before adding them to the air fryer.
What can I serve Sweet potato fries with?
They’re great on their own or with:
- Chicken (grilled or tenders)
- Apple & Sage Pork Loin
- Whole Roasted BBQ Chicken
- Crispy Beef Carnitas
Which is the best air fryer?
Here are a few options:
- This is the air fryer I use (affiliate). It’s so easy – I love it!
- Instant Brands Vortex comes highly rated on amazon US & UK, and has a lovely choice of colours: https://amzn.to/3FUzEbr (US affiliate); https://amzn.to/3HvgaKN (UK affiliate)
- The Ninja Foodi is an air fryer, instant pot, and more, all in 1 machine! https://amzn.to/3mQQMas (UK affiliate); https://amzn.to/3EOv5hp (US affiliate)
More Easy Side Dishes
- AIR FRYER CARROTS
- INSTANT POT BASMATI RICE
- PICKLED BEET SALAD RECIPE
- WHOLE30 MASHED POTATOES
- 5 MINUTE HEALTHY COLESLAW
Have you made this recipe? I’d love to know <3 Tag me on Facebook and Instagram, Pin it on Pinterest, or leave a star rating review below! Don’t forget to sign up to the email list for sparkly new recipes in your inbox =]
- 1 bag frozen sweet potato fries, 500g/1.1lb
- cooking spray
- seasoning, to taste (optional)
- Preheat the air fryer to 360°F/180°C, and turn the timer to 25 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, open the air fryer tray and pour the frozen sweet potato fries in.
- Spray a little cooking oil over the frozen sweet potatoes, and season as desired.
- Close the tray and cook for 10 minutes.
- Open the tray, shake the sweet potato fries or flip them over gently with tongs, and then close the air fryer tray.
- Cook for a further 5-10 minutes, checking after 5 minutes. They'll be crispy and beginning to brown on the ends when finished.
- Serve with your favourite dip! I like to have these with my Keto Garlic Mayonnaise, one of my BBQ Sauces, or Keto Ketchup. *see notes
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 241Unsaturated Fat: 0g