We all love tacos, and I love the ease of being able to add a pre-made seasoning mix when I’m cooking. Ready in just 5 minutes, this authentic Easy Homemade Taco Seasoning is super simple to make, and uses spices you already have in your spice rack. Perfect for adding to meat, veggies and creamy dips!
How often do you make Mexican food? Since my other half discovered the endless joy of tacos last year we have been making at least one Mexican dish every week! I know, we’re really living it up here! I love Mexican dishes because they are easy to make with either meat or veggies, and without much thought you can adapt most recipes to fit any diet. There are plenty of keto and paleo adapted tortilla recipes out there. Instead of rice you can use cauliflower or broccoli rice. Easy!
Why you will love this easy taco spice mix
- It uses common ingredients found in most kitchens.
- It’s ready in just 5 minutes.
- It suits all diets: Whole30, paleo, keto, gluten free, dairy free, vegan, etc.
- You can adjust it to your own tastes.
Jazz it up!
- Like it spicier? Add more chili or hot paprika powder!
- Play with your paprika! You can use either sweet, smoky or hot, depending on your paprika preferences.
- Need more? Double or triple this recipe to fill a bigger jar!
How to make this Easy Homemade Taco Seasoning
Get your glass jar and measuring spoons ready.
Screw lid tightly on jar.
Shake to mix!
How to store spice mixes:
Store in a glass jar with a tight lid for up to 3 months. Spices generally loose their potency after 3 months but are still edible. I used these glass jars from Ikea.
Other recipes for Taco Tuesday:
Have you made this recipe? I’d love to know <3 Tag me on Facebook and Instagram, Pin it on Pinterest, or leave a star rating review below! Don’t forget to sign up to the email list for sparkly new recipes in your inbox =]
Easy Homemade Taco Seasoning
- glass jar
- measuring spoons
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp smoky paprika or sweet/hot
- 3 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder or granules
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- Get your glass jar and measuring spoons ready.
- Add spices to jar.
- Screw lid tightly on jar.
- Shake to mix.