Loaded with chicken, cheese, bacon, ranch and spinach, this Crack Chicken Casserole is ultra comforting and keto-friendly, without the pasta or rice. Perfect on its own, with a side of veggies, or in a low carb tortilla, this easy casserole recipe is perfect for a quick dinner that the whole family will enjoy. It’s Keto + Gluten-Free.
Why you will love this Crack Chicken Casserole
- It’s SO comforting: With 3 types of cheese plus ranch AND bacon, this chicken bacon ranch casserole is extremely filling and comforting.
- You can use up leftovers: Leftover rotisserie chicken or leftover turkey is excellent in this recipe. You can also throw in any leftover veggie you have in the fridge like broccoli, zucchini and bell peppers.
- It’s easy! One of those dump-and-cook type recipes, apart from the bacon – that needs crisped up a little before adding it in.
- It’s very low carb! With only 3.7g net carbs per portion, this recipe is keto-friendly!
- The crunchy cheese topping. Yes, that golden goodness you can see is crispy, crunchy cheese that was broiled at the end of cooking. Phenomenal!
Key ingredients for Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- Ranch: I whipped up my Whole30 Ranch for this recipe as it’s very low carb, really easy to make, and more flavourful as well! Store-bought ranch would work as well, e.g. Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing. Just double check the carb count on the bottle!
- Bacon: Before mixing the bacon into the rest of the ingredients I dice and crisp it up in a frying pan, and then add it along with any extra bacon grease to the casserole.
- Cheese: Both cheddar and mozzarella were my cheeses of choice this time. The kind of mozzarella I used was a firm block of mozzarella cheese (I grated it), not the soft buffalo mozzarella. You can also use pre-packaged, grated mozzarella cheese but it may be slightly higher in carbs than the block of cheese. The mozzarella makes it oozy and delightful.
- Cream Cheese: I added 2 packages of 180g Philadelphia cream cheese to this recipe.
- Chicken: Shredded cooked chicken breast is ideal for this recipe. Store-bought rotisserie chicken is great, or you can make your own shredded chicken breast in an instant pot or slow cooker. I made the instant pot method. My raw chicken weighed 1kg (2.2lbs) and cooked it weighed 670g (1lb 7oz). Diced chicken breast can be substituted, or you could also use up leftover turkey from Thanksgiving or Christmas.
- Spinach: Get some greens in there! Spinach adds colour and melts in with the rest of the soft texture. I used thawed frozen spinach as I always have some on hand.
How to make Crack Chicken Casserole
Click through this recipe for all of the steps!
How to store and reheat this Crack Chicken Casserole recipe
- Store: Refrigerate this casserole in a container or with aluminium covering the food for up to 4 days.
- Reheat: Reheat in the microwave until piping hot, or in the oven at 200°C/392°F for 15-20 minutes, until heated through.
What ranch dressing can I use?
You can make your own (this is what I did – I rarely find ranch here in the UK). I used my Whole30 Dump Ranch recipe – it’s very easy!
On the other hand, you can buy premade ranch at the supermarket if it’s available in your country. Hidden Valley is the iconic brand, and their carbs are fairly low as well. Whichever brand you buy, check the net carb count on the nutrition label!
How many net carbs are in this keto chicken bacon ranch casserole?
There are 3.7g net carbs per portion.
More keto dinner recipes you’ll love
- KETO CHICKEN ENCHILDA CASSEROLE
- BRAZILIAN CHICKEN STROGANOFF
- VEGAN KETO INSTANT POT CHILI
- KETO ORANGE CHICKEN
- WHOLE ROAST BBQ CHICKEN
Have you made this recipe? I’d love to know <3 Tag me on Facebook and Instagram, Pin it on Pinterest, or leave a star rating review below! Don’t forget to sign up to the email list for sparkly new recipes in your inbox =]
- 8 slices bacon, diced
- 480 ml ranch dressing, divided, 2 cups
- 670 g cooked chicken breast, shredded, 1lb 7oz
- 360 g cream cheese, 2 cups, 6.4oz
- 250 g cheddar cheese, divided, a little over 2 cups, 8.8oz
- 250 g mozzarella, divided, a little over 2 cups, 8.8oz
- 156 g frozen spinach, thawed, 1 cup packed
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/390°F.
- Dice the bacon strips with a knife or cut with scissors and fry the pieces over medium-high heat until crispy.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl add the shredded chicken breasts, cream cheese, 2/3 of the mozzarella, 2/3 of the cheddar, spinach and 3/4 of the ranch (1.5 cups), and mix well together.
- Add the bacon after it's finished cooking and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the baking dish and spread it evenly.
- Drizzle the remaining ranch over the mixture, and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle the remaining grated mozzarella and cheddar over the casserole.
- Bake for 10 minutes covered, then 10 minutes uncovered.
- Finally, set your oven to the broil setting and broil the casserole for the last 5 minutes, until the topping is golden.
- Serve with a drizzle of ranch!
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 58.9g||76%|
|Saturated Fat 24.8g||124%|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.8g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|
|Total Sugars 1.5g|
|Vitamin D 4mcg||19%|
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 715Unsaturated Fat: 0g