Learn how to roast your favorite nut in the air fryer! Air Fryer Roasted Walnuts are the perfect quick snack. Loaded with antioxidants, they taste amazing as they are or mixed into cakes, cookies, and trail mix!
❤️ Why you will love this recipe
- Easy: All I had to do was add the walnuts to the air fryer basket with a little spray of oil and cook them.
- Quick: This easy snack recipe is ready in less than 10 minutes, including heating the air fryer.
- Satisfying: We all love that perfect crunch, right?
- Simple ingredients: Just two ingredients – walnuts and olive oil spray! You can sprinkle with seasoning or salt if desired.
- Healthy: Walnuts are so good for you! They’re rich in antioxidants, and a great source of healthy fats like omega 3s which may reduce the risk of heart disease, lower blood pressure, and may reduce inflammation. This is the perfect low carb snack!
- Less energy: Air fryers are an excellent appliance because they’re easy to use and also they use up less energy than an oven.
🗝️ Key Ingredients & Substitutions
- Walnuts: Whole walnuts, walnut halves, or walnut pieces all work for this recipe. I found that the walnuts didn’t fall through the holes in the air fryer basket. You can substitute pecans if you’d prefer.
- Oil: I sprayed olive oil in the basket and on the nuts themselves. It helps them cook and become crunchy. You can use any kind of healthy oil that can take the heat. My go-to is always olive oil, but you can also use coconut oil or avocado oil.
🥣 How to make Roasted Walnuts in an Air Fryer
1. Preheat the air fryer to 200 degrees C/390 degrees F.
2. Add walnuts: Spray olive oil in the basket of your air fryer, add the raw nuts in a single layer, and then spray a little oil over them.
3. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring or shaking the basket halfway through.
4. Cool: Remove the toasted walnuts from the air fryer, spread them out on a baking sheet, and allow them to cool for 5-10 minutes before eating.
- Room Temperature: Store any extra nuts in an airtight container like a mason jar at room temperature for up to 2 weeks. For ease, store individual portions in little bags so you can just grab them and go.
- Fridge: If you want to keep them for even longer, pop them in the fridge for up to 3-4 weeks.
- Freezer: Nuts freeze really well! You can store them in an air-tight container or a freezer bag in the freezer for up to a year.
🪄 Recipe Notes & Flavor Variations
- Other nuts: You can swap the walnuts and make air fryer pecans or even peanuts. Peanuts may cook a little quicker so keep an eye on them!
- Other oils: Try coconut oil, avocado oil, or even butter instead of olive oil.
- Smoky: Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika, a pinch of cumin, and a couple of pinches of sea salt over the walnuts before air frying them.
- Spicy: Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of chili powder or cayenne pepper
- Sweet: Toss the walnuts in a bowl with the oil plus 2 tablespoons of sweet maple syrup and 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
🍽️ How to serve this Air Fryer Roasted Walnuts recipe
This easy recipe can be served in many different ways. Here are a few I enjoy:
- In a small bowl by themselves for a healthy snack
- In trail mix
- On yogurt with fresh fruit
- As part of a cheese board
- Mixed into cookies
- On top of ice cream
- In and on carrot cake
❓ How do you make candied walnuts in the air fryer?
Yes! Check out my recipe for Air Fryer Candied Walnuts. Sealed in a mason jar and tied with a pretty ribbon, candied nuts are a simple, delicious snack and a great gift for special occasions. I’ve included a keto and paleo version too!
😋 More healthy snack recipes you will love
- Air Fryer Pumpkin Seeds
- Keto Coconut Clusters
- Baked Camembert with Honey
- Chia Pudding
- Chocolate Flaxseed Pudding
Have you made this recipe? I’d love to know <3 Tag me on Facebook and Instagram, Pin it on Pinterest, and please leave a star rating review below! Don’t forget to subscribe to the email list (top right of this page) for sparkly new recipes in your inbox.
- 200g (1.5-2 cups) raw walnuts (halves or whole)
- Spray oil
- Preheat the air fryer to 200°C/390°F.
- Spray olive oil in the basket of your air fryer, add the raw nuts in a single layer, and then spray a little more oil over the nuts.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring or shaking the basket halfway through.
- Remove the toasted walnuts from the air fryer, spread them out on a baking sheet, and allow them to cool for 5-10 minutes before eating.
Storage & Freezing
Flavors to try:
Nutrition Information:Yield: 7 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 187Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information and calculations will vary with the use of different brands or ingredients. These figures are estimates. Please get in touch if you have questions!