Smothered in butter and honey, these Air Fryer Carrots are so easy to make! Ready in less than 30 minutes, they are a quick and simple side dish or snack that you can whip up during the week, or even on special occasions or holidays without taking up room in the oven. This easy vegetable side dish recipe is naturally gluten-free, and can easily be made vegan, paleo, whole30, and low carb.
Best Carrots in Air Fryer
These Air Fryer Carrots are so delicious! It takes just 10 minutes to throw them together and then the air fryer does the hard work so you can concentrate on the rest of dinner. I love making vegetables in the air fryer because it cooks them perfectly, and they taste just like roasted carrots without taking up extra space in the oven.
This easy Air Fryer Carrots recipe can be altered for a few different diets. Paleo and whole30 followers can substitute the butter for ghee (yes, please!) or olive oil, and of course whole30 can skip the honey. Vegan? Make sure you use dairy-free butter and maple syrup instead of honey. My low-carb friends will probably also want to skip the honey as that is essentially pure sugar which = carbs, unfortunately. However, they come in at about 13.5g net carbs per serving, so you might be able to squeeze them into your day if you’re not super low carb or keto.
Air Fryer Carrots are perfect for dinner, of course, but I do love to snack on them as well. If I’m just making them for myself, I’ll half the recipe, or make the full recipe and store half in the fridge for later. Hint, they are incredible dipped in hummus!
Ingredients for Air Fryer Carrots
Just 5 simple ingredients:
- Carrots: Regular carrots or baby carrots are perfect for this Air Fryer Carrots recipe.
- Honey: If you’re vegan, feel free to switch the honey for maple syrup. Doing whole30? Skip the honey or syrup altogether.
- Butter: I used salted butter, but if you’re on a paleo diet switch it out for ghee or olive oil. Olive oil or even avocado oil is perfect for whole30 as well. Vegans can use dairy-free butter.
- Seasoning: Simple salt and pepper are great in this recipe. You could also add a little paprika or chili powder to turn it up a notch.
How to make Air Fryer Carrots
Click through this story video for step-by-step instructions.
How do I make these paleo, whole30 or vegan?
- Paleo: For paleo air fryer carrots, switch the butter for ghee or an oil like olive oil or avocado oil.
- Whole30: For a whole30 version, switch the butter for ghee or an oil like olive oil or avocado oil. Skip the honey.
- Vegan: To make these carrots vegan, use a dairy-free butter or oil, and switch the honey for maple syrup.
More Recipes You Will Love
- HOW TO MAKE WHISKY SAUCE WITHOUT CREAM (VEGAN + PALEO)
- HOW TO MAKE GLUTEN-FREE TURKEY GRAVY
- EASY 4 INGREDIENT PARSNIP AND RED CHILI PUREE
- STOUT BBQ SAUCE + 5 WAYS TO USE IT
- SESAME BROCCOLI
- RAW VEGAN SPICY ZOODLES
- TOM KHA SCALLOPED POTATOES
Have you made this recipe? I’d love to know <3 Tag me on Facebook and Instagram, Pin it on Pinterest, or leave a star rating review below! Don’t forget to sign up to the email list for sparkly new recipes in your inbox =]
- 500 g carrots
- 1 tbsp honey, **see notes for vegan and whole30
- 1 tbsp butter, dairy or plant-based, ***see notes for paleo/whole30
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parsley, to garnish, optional
- Turn air fryer on to 390°F/200°C to heat up. *see notes
- Slice carrots into sticks or circles.
- In a mixing bowl, mix honey and butter together.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix carrots with butter and honey.
- Air fry for 15 minutes at 390°F/200°C.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired.
*if you forget to preheat the air fryer, cook the carrots at 350°F/180°C for 20 minutes.
**use maple syrup instead of honey for a vegan option. Skip for whole30.
***use ghee or olive oil instead of butter for a paleo or whole30 version.
Calories: 93; Total Fat 2.9g; Saturated Fat: 1.8g Cholesterol: 8mg; Sodium: 107mg; Total Carbohydrate: 16.6g; Dietary Fiber: 3.1g; Total Sugars: 10.5g; Protein: 1.1g; Vitamin D 2mcg; Calcium 42mg; Iron 0mg; Potassium 403mg
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 93Unsaturated Fat: 0g